Tuesday, February 6, 2007

CMU design ideas

OK BlueTech,

This is my first posting as I am temporarily without a computer due to a home PC crash but I found some interesting ideas. I thought we could go two ways, warm or cool. Warm would be reds and tan/buff/beige with a darker brown trim or cool which we could use blues/greens on whites and greys.

Warm examples:

Glen-Gery Brick Beige w/spec (S42) extruded facebrick (B2 to match U2)
http://www.glengerybrick.com


Or if we want a more elegant look we could go with a glazed facing:

Endicott Brick glazed ware - ceramic face glazed brick Taupe (B2 to match U2)


Trenwyth Trendstone Plus Quarry Buff (U2 light neutral base)



Trenwyth Mesastone Cambridge (U8 standard exterior cmu)



Trenwyth Trendstone Plus Colonial Red (U1-U3 accent color)
http://www.trenwyth.com/trendstone_plus.asp


Trenwyth Prairie Stone Canyon Blend (U5 non-structural header course)


Trenwyth Trendstone Plus Forest Brown (U4 dark neutral base)
I'm still looking at ideas for cool colors, if I find a company whose warm colors I like better, I'll post it - I'm still looking for a company that offers ribbed cmu's

1 comment:

LAE Cripps [SL: Profesora Farigoule] said...

A lot of CMU makers make the ribbed designs but might not publish them specifically on their web pages.

The text of other pages might read something like: ... same colors are offered in split face, 4-rib and 6-rib designs. ....
You could then interpret that the colors shown for the standard block unit is available in the other options as well,, even though it is not shown.

And then there are those Mfrs that will make you call a product rep or send away for info to find out in detail of all the block types they make rather than making that info available on the web. Ugh.